Welcome to my blog-page! Purpose of this page is to bring you some thoughts, photos and videos from my round the world trip. Trip started 11th of June 2012 Short updates can also be found from my facebook page WhereIsHemuli NOTE: You do not need to have facebook account to read my posts there
Here is some information from the trip:
- Total number of days: 1055
- Odometer total: 143470km
- GPS total: 162947km (difference between GPS and odometer was surprisingly big!)
- Countries: 52
- Borders: 103
- Fuel total: 6300l (1664 US Gal)
- Fuel cost: €6000
- Average fuel consumption: 5,30l/100km (44,4MPG)
- Lowest fuel consumption: 3,95l/100km (59,5MPG)
- Highest fuel consumption: 8,38l/100km (28,1MPG)
- Average fuel price: 0,95€/l
- Cheapest fuel price: 0,29€/l (Indonesia)
- Highest fuel price: 1,98€/l (Turkey)
More information a bit later.
I got my DIJ-paper from Panama City several days before departure, but you can get this paper also from Colon (I do not have GPS coordinates to Colon). I have attached Panama City office maps here.
You can get all things done in Colon, but here are instructions how to get it done in Panama City (reserve one day for this):
– First thing you need to do is to get your bike inspected. You can get it done in N 08°57.998’ W 79°32.697′. Go there in the morning at 8am (red door). They stop doing inspections at 11am. You need to have a copy of your passport, title and Panama customs form.
Here is Malaysian part of my RTW. Enjoy
I made some updates for my riding gear pages.
In few weeks new updates and videos should start coming in!
Today it has been two years since the start of my journey!
Year ago I was planning to celebrate my 1st year on a road in Bali, but things did not go as planned… That celebration was held in a german hospital. Continue reading
Today I got new country to my “visited countries”-list when I crossed the border to Canada.
Border crossing was fast and easy. Now I will stay few days in Vancouver area and on Saturday or Sunday I will start heading towards north where I will meet a fellow British biker.